Advancement and Alumni
ISB established an advancement department in the spring of 2018 with the aim of consolidating the school’s strong community networks and leveraging them to finance transformative educational opportunities and support long-term financial health.
Our work in advancement relates strongly to ISB Strategic Focus Areas, including ensuring strong peer relationships in our community and using ISB’s resources to empower students to purpose and compassion. At ISB, the advancement function is designed to:
- Strengthen the school’s relationships with and among our community members.
- Look for opportunities for the school to forge stronger ties within Beijing, China, and around the world.
- Improve relations with our alumni, making sure they feel part of and connected to the ISB community, and encouraging them to share their experience, knowledge, and talents with our current students.
- Explore the ways in which philanthropy can help us achieve our goals.
One of ISB’s great advantages is that it is a non-profit organization. All tuition revenue is invested back into the school. We see the impact in the programs and opportunities our students enjoy, the excellent teachers ISB can attract, grow, and retain, and our world-class facilities.
For the best educational institutions, keeping ahead of the curve with modern practices in education and maintaining and building new facilities is a continuous process – and it’s a process to which ISB is deeply committed. In this context, it has benefited us to explore philanthropy. As has been the case with other great non-profit organizations here and around the world, philanthropy has also served to strengthen partnerships between the school and our community members.
Our advancement programs have resulted in gifts of time, expertise, resources, and monetary donations. Areas of work that have attracted the interest of our donors have included:
- Additional project learning opportunities for our students through the Student Empowerment Fund.
- Leadership Talk Series.
- Extending the professional development programs that play such a big role in helping ISB recruit, grow, and retain great teachers and support staff.
- Improvement of our facilities.
If you are interested in making a contribution to support the development of ISB, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the areas in which your donation can be used.
With ISB’s history of more than 40 years , the school’s alumni network is large and vibrant. Nearly 12,000 former students, parents, and faculty make up our alumni community. Graduation by no means signals the end of the relationship with ISB!
Wherever they are in the world, members benefit professionally and socially from the alumni relations program, and alumni give back to their alma mater by offering mentoring, career, and internship opportunities to current students. The Alumni Relations Office working to create the greatest alumni network in Asia. That’s the bold aim under the school’s Strategic Focus Areas, which formally prioritize strong, lifelong peer relationships across national, linguistic, and cultural line in the inclusive ISB community.
Connect, Give back, Expand. Join the ISB Alumni Network, our official social networking platform for alumni, and reach out to friends both old and new.
Click here for updates on alumni events and mark your calendars!
Stay updated with what is happening in the ISB community, read about ISB Alumni featured in the school news, here.