At ISB we instill an appreciation of mathematics by providing a challenging program that is differentiated and appropriately rigorous for each student. In a nurturing and motivating environment, students explore and question, construct conceptual understandings and procedural fluency.
The Mathematics program values:
- the use of various models, tools, manipulatives, and technology
- flexibility in solving problems
- engaging and meaningful contexts
- communication of reasoning
We believe that students learn Mathematics best when they:
- are encouraged to take risks and see mistakes as learning opportunities
- productively struggle with problems and persevere in solving them
- Experience success in an open and collaborative learning environment
When developing our Math curriculum, standards are based on The Common Core Standards.