Visual Arts & Media
The Visual Arts and Media program gives each student the place to explore ideas, tools, and materials developing the skills necessary for communication and self-expression. They discover the joy of creating through persevering and problem solving.
As a Visual Arts and Media program, we value:
- The process of self-discovery and expression
- Students as independent learners
- Creativity as a deliberate process
- Communication of ideas
- Developing a fluency in the language of the Visual Arts and Media
- Active engagement in artwork from varying time periods and cultures
We believe that students learn the Visual Arts and Media best when they:
- Develop an excitement and exhilaration in the creative learning process.
- Pursue personal interests.
- Participate in exhibitions.
- Recognize, analyze, or critique their own work or the work of others.
When developing our Visual Arts curriculum, standards are based on the National Arts Standards.