By Nick Yates and Franco Dionco, ISB Communications
Published on Friday, December 15, 2023
Another semester is complete! We’ve created a highlights video for a look back at stand-out moments and achievements for the International School of Beijing (ISB).
ISB’s work August through December was centered on the school’s Strategic Focus Areas, which we began implementing in 2022-2023 to consolidate our efforts and resources around what is most valued by the ISB community. Semester 1 held many memorable moments, like:
- International Day
- Book Week
- Farmers Markets on campus and other initiatives in line with ISB’s sustainability commitment
- Coffee mornings and workshops keeping families informed and connected to the school
- Student-led Elementary School assemblies sharing classroom learning with parents
- Theater productions and performing arts
- The return of our Great Wall Shootout basketball tournament
Throughout the semester, classes were challenged and found joy with modern academic and vibrant co-curricular programs empowering those taking part. And ISB students, families, and staff enjoyed being together in the school’s inclusive international community. See you in 2024!
ISB’s Strategic Focus Areas include challenging and joyful learning; using the school's resources to empower students to purpose and compassion; and ensuring strong, lifelong peer relations in the school's inclusive community. Read our news articles for plenty more examples of the Strategic Focus Areas in action.